Introduction

Hi, there. Thanks for visiting. I'm starting this blog as an advocate for mental and physical health. I'm a freelance writer and also own a home based medical transcription business. I was diagnosed in 1978 with paranoid schizophrenia and started to become acutely ill three years prior to that, unmedicated, frightened, confused, and in trouble with the law. I graduated from university with distinction the year I became ill. I've never regretted learning how to think at university. I struggled with my illness for 35 years and have reached the top of the mountain now, I think, or the other side, where the grass is greener and the path easier. There's hope for all of us, the whole human race, and never think there isn't hope or joy no matter your circumstances. I'd love to hear your thoughts and experiences with mental illness in all its forms: depression, brain injury, autism, schizophrenia, bipolar, anxiety disorders, etc. and your positive experiences as well as those lies and half truths society and even therapists would have us believe about ourselves.

We are different folks, and we are beautiful. The whole human race is beautiful. Let's celebrate life.

Saturday, February 05, 2011

The Forest of Crazy

I love Sue's comment about "The Forest of Crazy". I learn a lot from my friends and family. And I'm going to learn more from a new psych the court has appointed for me. I'm thrilled that I'll be getting the help I need. Any charity or organization or business that doesn't want me perhaps doesn't understand. I had no criminal record until now, and it's nonviolent and because of delusions and obsessions as a result of chronic SZ over the past 36 years.

Someone believed in me enough at one time 36 years ago in 1975 to call her friend and get counseling for me, which went on for three years until I became so enmeshed and lost in the Forest of Crazy that I scared the pants off her and probably my psychologist, too. No coincidence perhaps that happened after three years of counseling. I probably terrified my friends two years ago that I couldn't do it this time, I couldn't get well, I couldn't see reason. Well, haha, SZ and all the demons in hell, we won! The court and the complainant and I, we all won, and that is not necessary to win, but it means health for me and satisfaction for the legal system. I'm on three years probation. What does that mean? I have a few restrictions that are good for me and good for the legal system. We have a wonderful government.

I believe in the humanity of man and woman. And I'm glad the case is over. Now I can breath and get on with my life. And I will. Anyone care to join me in this new game and adventure called life? Yes, there is life after almost death. This disease almost killed me. And I'm so grateful it's over. The end of something is the beginning of something else. Hello, friends and hello, world. Three close friends and my son were in the courtroom with me. I won't let anybody down again. Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment